Tackling Money Worries (TMW) programme
Grant Funding Programme 2014-2019
This programme is designed to focus on improving outcomes for low-income families with children facing a change in their circumstances which places them at higher risk of debt and money problems.
The programme focusses on achievement of priorities of the Scottish Government and the Money Advice Service (MAS).
The projects contribute to the following aims:
- To connect low income families to appropriate help which results in resolution of debt problems and to enable families themselves to better avoid problems recurring, know what to do if they do recur and to feel more financially capable
- To build lasting and effective connections between quality advice providers and trusted sources of support for vulnerable families in the community
Projects focus on tackling the unmet debt and financial capability needs of low income families affected by one of the following key life events:
- The birth of a child and early years, particularly where families have a disabled child
- Change to family structure, for example when relationship breakdown occurs
- Impact of going through the criminal justice system, including families where someone is in prison or about to leave prison
Projects will assist families dealing with the crisis need for debt advice and also to carry out financial capability work that can prevent families falling into debt in the future. There are 13 projects funded through the Tackling Money Worries Programme.
The grant funding powers within the Legal Aid (Sc) Act required SLAB to prepare plans to be approved by Scottish Ministers for the purpose of giving grants. You can read the plan for this grant funding programme which gives some further details about the funding programme.
If you have any questions about the Tackling Money Worries programme, please contact us by email or telephone:
Policy and Development
0131 240 1892
Legal Aid Online
Legal services providers please click here to log in to Legal Aid Online
23, May, 2018
Glasgow City Council v SLAB judicial review case
03, May, 2018
RECRUITING: Moderation Committee Subject Specialist Members for SNSIAP
13, Apr, 2018
Fife advice agency awarded Scottish National Standards for Information and Advice Providers accreditation
09, Mar, 2018
Four new Board members appointed and two reappointed
08, Mar, 2018
Easter, May Day and Spring Bank holiday office opening and payment dates