Back to top
Proceedings you need our prior approval to provide ABWOR in
In civil proceedings you require our prior approval as a pre-condition before you can provide ABWOR in connection with:
- an Employment Tribunal;
- a VAT and Duties Tribunal;
- a Pensions Regulator Tribunal.
- Additional Support Needs Tribunal
- Section 60, Value Added Tax Act 1994
- Section 8, Finance Act 1994
- Schedule 24, Finance Act 2007
- Schedule 41, Finance Act 2008
- Appeal against a decision of the Pensions Regulator
- Section 4, Vaccine Damage Payments Act 1979
- Section 20, Child Support Act 1991
- Section 12, Social Security (recovery of Benefits)
- Section 12 or 13, Social Security Act 1998
- Section 39 or paragraph 3 of Schedule 2 to the Tax Credits Act 2002
- Section 158, Health and Social Care (Community Health and Standards) Act 2003
- Section 23 Child Trust Funds Act 2004
- Section 50, Child Maintenance and Other Payments Act 2008
- Appeal against a penalty imposed under section 60, Value Added Tax Act 1994
- Appeal against a penalty imposed under section 8, Finance Act 1994
- Appeal against a penalty imposed under schedule 41 to the Finance Act 2008
- Appeal against a decision made under or by virtue of any of the sections 1 to 5A of the Pensions Appeal Tribunal Act 1943 by a Pensions Appeal Tribunal or the first-tier tribunal
The tests set out in regulation 13 of the ABWOR regulations apply.
What is ABWOR and who may provide it?
Find out what ABWOR is for submission of your accounts.
ABWOR accounts and the employment of counsel: requirement of prior approval and charges for unauthorised advocacy
Learn about applying for our prior approval to cover your ABWOR account for the cost of an opinion, a consultation or representation by counsel.
When are affidavit charges payable in ABWOR cases?
View guidance and examples of when we will pay for affidavits in ABWOR cases.
Block fees payable and charges subsumed under ABWOR in sequestration proceedings
Learn about the block fees payable and other charges in sequestration proceedings under ABWOR.
ABWOR payments for hearings before tribunals
Find out about payment for representing your client at a tribunal hearing under ABWOR and potential issues to avoid.
Factors to consider and payment implications when instructing local agents for your ABWOR accounts
View factors to consider when instructing a local agent in ABWOR cases.
Specific information and justification required for our assessment of fees for preparation work
Find out why you need to submit certain information and provide justification for preparation work in ABWOR cases.