Send information (make a representation) about a case you are involved in

You can send information (representations) about a case you are an opponent in by using the online form below.

You can also post the information to Thistle House, 91 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HE.

Please include:

  • Your name
  • Address
  • The Legal Aid Reference Number (LARN) of the case you are making a representation about (if known)
  • Whether you give us permission to disclose them to the applicant

Please email us if you need more information.

Submit a representation

"*" indicates required fields

Your name*
Of case you are making a representation about (if known)
Drop files here or
Accepted file types: xls, xlsx, doc, docx, rtf, pdf, Max. file size: 20 MB, Max. files: 3.
    Do you give us permission to disclose the information you have submitted to the applicant? We may be unable to investigate your representations fully if we cannot ask the applicant about them.*

    Important information about the data you are submitting

    The Scottish Legal Aid Board is a data controller. The information provided by you will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and for our functions under the Legal Aid (Scotland) Act 1986.

    By submitting this information you are giving us permission to use the information you have provided about the assisted person to investigate whether they are receiving legal aid incorrectly. To do this we may need to contact them to verify some of this information if you give us permission to do so. We may also check the data you have submitted with certain third parties (for example, some government departments and agencies), or give information to them.

    We will store the personal contact data, if you have provided any, and may contact you for more information. However we will not pass on your personal information to anyone else unless the law requires us to do so.

    Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 you have the right to make a request to see the personal information we hold about you, to inspect it and to have it corrected if it is wrong. In addition you may also have rights to have your data erased or have your data moved. You may be able to object to processing if you believe it to be unlawful and subject to lawful restrictions.

    Further information about our privacy policy is available here.