Solicitor and firm registration

Any firm wishing to provide legal assistance must be entered on to the relevant Legal Assistance Register. We established and maintain the registers.

For Children’s Legal Assistance and Criminal Legal Assistance the individual solicitor at a firm must also register before they can carry out any legal aid work.

Please use the links below to begin the registration process for your chosen area:

Register for criminal legal assistance

Find out how to register you and your firm on the Criminal Legal Assistance Register.

Register for civil legal assistance

Learn how to register with us and the Law Society of Scotland to provide civil legal assistance.

Register for children's legal assistance

Find out how to join the Children's Legal Assistance Register and begin carrying out legal aid work.

It is important that you tell us when your firm’s details change

Tell us if your firm's details have changed

How to notify us if your firm details change, such as address, contact details or solicitors registered with the firm.