What work requires prior approval from us for 2011 Act proceedings?

In terms of regulation 21 of the Children’s Legal Assistance (Scotland) Regulations 2013 you must apply to us for authority to:

  • employ counsel unless this is one junior counsel acting in the Court of Session
  • employ an expert witness
  • undertake unusual work
  • undertake work likely to involve unusually large expenditure exceeding £3,000.


In this section