About the role
The main purpose is to carry out prescribed tests and quality assurance activities in order to ensure that SLAB’s online products and internal systems and services meet the highest quality standards.
The role also offers a unique opportunity of delivering workshops with staff members prior to deployments, to help support the implementation of new systems and business processes.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To carry out prescribed tests and quality assurance activities in order to ensure that SLAB’s online products and services and internal systems meet the highest quality standards
- To support the testing process through the development and execution of test scenarios, regression testing and test issue resolution for bespoke business software developments
- To support the communication of issue tracking and status of testing for specified software development products
- To create and update documentation detailing test strategies for projects requiring both project test and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- To create and update test scripts as well as carry out manual testing across all SLAB systems
- To document the test results in a standard format for reporting purposes
- Assist in the maintenance of guidance and training modules
- To provide updates on the progress of tests
- Assist in the documentation and updating of User Stories for development
- Administration and support for FOI and VC process
- Carry out training in various formats to different audiences.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Practical experience of building test scripts and documenting test records
- Familiar with User Story documentation
- Ability to pull information from business requirements
- Familiar with JIRA
- Familiar with bug tracking system (JIRA) and recording such defects/changes
- Familiar with MS Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to sustain a high quality of work whilst delivering to tight timescales
- Strong technical skills coupled with business intelligence and a deep understanding of customers’ needs to transform business processes into requirement documents for use by both the Operational Business area and I.S. Department
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to analyse information, identify gaps of information, produce findings and present recommendation in a clear and understandable way to all involved partners
- Flexible and adaptable to change of circumstances; able to take account of new information which might influence the project.
Please visit our recruitment portal, where you will also find a full job description and person specification with other relevant documents.
Completed applications should be returned by Monday 18 January (midnight). Interviews will be organised via a video call shortly after the closing date however, this can change depending on candidates’ availability.
For assistance, please contact Klaudia Hall on email@example.com or 0131 240 2145.