Grant funding programmes
Are you an individual looking for advice?
The Scottish Legal Aid Board funds projects around Scotland to help people who are facing legal problems. The current projects can help with one or more of the following types of problem:
- Assistance and representation focused on the resolution of a mortgage repossession or tenancy repossession action
- Assistance for serious debt problems
- Assistance and representation focused on resolving welfare benefits problems
- Information, one-off advice and signposting about civil court processes
- Casework assistance with small claims cases to help you to solve problems before they get to court or early in the court process
- Advice for women affected by gender based violence
If you are looking for advice and need help you can find out about our projects in your area on the other sources of help page.
Are you an adviser looking for help with clients problems?
We fund a number of projects to provide assistance to frontline providers to help with their clients benefits, debt and housing problems. These projects focus on helping advisers:
- Know what changes to the benefits system are ahead that may affect people’s money or housing
- Help to spot possible and existing debt and money issues for clients and suggest ways of managing these
- Check ways of preventing evictions and homelessness
- Signposting and referral to appropriate organisations for further help
More information about these projects can be found on our help for the advice sector page.
Are you interested in more information about our grant funding programmes?
We are responsible for the administration and funding of a range of projects across Scotland which have been established to help people with certain civil problems over all our programmes. These projects assist people at risk of eviction and repossession and their linked debt and benefits issues.
Projects also focus on helping people with benefit problems linked to welfare reform. Some projects also focus on assisting people at court with their civil issues such as small claims. Many of these services are run by local advice agencies such as Citizens Advice Bureau or law centres, local charities, law centres or local authorities.
Background to our grant funding programmes
We currently manage three grant funding programmes, which include 108 different projects across Scotland. You can find out more about these programmes and funding previously administered by SLAB by following the links below.
Development of Grant Funding Programmes
Read background about our grant funding powers and the plans to criteria for current funding programmes on the Policy and Development overview page.
If you have any questions about the grant funding programmes, please contact us by email or by telephone:
Policy and Development
0131 240 1892
Legal Aid Online
Legal services providers please click here to log in to Legal Aid Online
18, Oct, 2016
Research into civil legal aid applications
14, Oct, 2016
SLAB/CELCIS research published on role of solicitor in Children's Hearings
13, Oct, 2016
New legal member of SLAB board appointed by Scottish Government
13, Oct, 2016
SLAB National Care Leavers’ Week homelessness event
07, Oct, 2016
Funding for advice projects extended into 2017
30, Sep, 2016
Civil legal aid applicant survey to measure satisfaction with SLAB services
30, Sep, 2016
SLAB publishes Corporate Parenting Plan
29, Sep, 2016
Quality Assurance members recruitment for SNSIAP Peer Review scheme
19, Sep, 2016
LAOL downtime - Monday 26 September
14, Sep, 2016
SNSIAP Type I accreditation testing for advice providers to begin in November 2016
07, Sep, 2016
Positive feedback from Solicitor Contact Line clients
25, Aug, 2016
Survey for deaf and hard of hearing people to understand their experiences of civil legal aid
23, Aug, 2016
Business Plan for 2016-17 published
11, Aug, 2016
Subject Specialists recruitment for SNSIAP Moderation Committee
18, Dec, 2015
SLAB's annual report for 2014-2015 published