- Information for the public
- Civil cases
- Criminal cases
- Children's Hearings
- Leaflets for the public
- Find a Solicitor
- Report a fraud
- Legal services/advice providers
- Legal Aid Online
- Legal assistance handbooks
- Mailshots and updates
- Forms & Mandates
- Solicitor registration
- Duty Plans
- Reforms and projects
- Advice sector
- Supplier support
- National Fraud Initiative
- About us
- Who we are
- What we do
- Contact us
- Access to information
- Complaints & customer service
- Board suppliers
The Scottish Legal Aid Board
44 Drumsheugh Gardens
Map and directions
- Our standard opening times are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Our switchboard is open from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Please note: Our flexible working arrangements allow for a broad bandwidth of working hours. However, the times listed above are when our service can be guaranteed and expected.
- Our main switchboard telephone number is 0131 226 7061 (open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm).
- Calls by BT Text Direct are welcome.
- Please note that for training and monitoring purposes your call may be recorded.
- Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our email address for enquiries relating to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act is: email@example.com
Please see our Complaints and Customer Service page for details of how to tell us your views on the service we provide.
You can call our legal aid information line to find out:
- more about legal aid and if you may qualify (available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm)
- or how to order our leaflets (available Monday to Sunday 24 hours)
Please note that we do not provide legal advice but can refer you to a solicitor. For other legal matters, call us on 0131 226 7061 (open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm).
Your call may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
If you have specific questions about any legal aid forms that you need to complete and financial eligibility for legal aid, you can also call our Financial Assessment Unit.
DX DX555250, Edinburgh 30
Legal Post LP2 Edinburgh 7
Post 44 Drumsheugh Gardens, Edinburgh EH3 7SW
To allow us to continue to improve our web site, we would also appreciate your feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
05, Dec, 2013
Job Vacancy: Solicitor Team Leader - Solicitor Contact LineRead article
03, Dec, 2013
Criminal contributions updatesRead article
03, Dec, 2013
Children’s Duty Scheme – Festive Period ArrangementsRead article
29, Nov, 2013
Solicitor struck off following legal aid abuseRead article
30, Sep, 2013
Scottish debt and money advice projects benefit from £7.45m fundingRead article
27, Sep, 2013
Annual Report 2012-2013Read article
24, Sep, 2013
Dean of Faculty of Advocates’ Ruling on Appearance of Counsel without an AgentRead article
19, Sep, 2013
Updated Police Station Duty ProvisionsRead article
10, Sep, 2013
Criminal Contracting – update on policy development processRead article
14, Aug, 2013
Solemn fees in respect of preparationRead article
28, Jun, 2013
Society invites SLAB to ‘Background to Contracting’ eventsRead article
27, May, 2013
Applicant Fined £1,500 for Legal Aid FraudRead article
24, May, 2013
Timetable for development of options for contractingRead article