- Information for the public
- Civil cases
- Criminal cases
- Children's Hearings
- Leaflets for the public
- Find a Solicitor
- Report a fraud
- Information for providers
- Legal Aid Online
- Mailshots and updates
- Forms & Mandates
- Solicitor registration
- Legal assistance handbooks
- Duty Plans
- Reforms and projects
- Advice sector
- Supplier support
- National Fraud Initiative
- About us
- Who we are
- What we do
- Contact us
- Access to information
- Complaints & customer service
- Board suppliers
The Scottish Legal Aid Board
44 Drumsheugh Gardens
Map and directions
- Our standard opening times are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Our switchboard is open from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Please note: Our flexible working arrangements allow for a broad bandwidth of working hours. However, the times listed above are when our service can be guaranteed and expected.
- Our main switchboard telephone number is 0131 226 7061 (open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm).
- Calls by BT Text Direct are welcome.
- Please note that for training and monitoring purposes your call may be recorded.
- Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our email address for enquiries relating to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act is: email@example.com
Please see our Complaints and Customer Service page for details of how to tell us your views on the service we provide.
You can call our legal aid information line to find out:
- more about legal aid and if you may qualify (available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm)
- or how to order our leaflets (available Monday to Sunday 24 hours)
Please note that we do not provide legal advice but can refer you to a solicitor. For other legal matters, call us on 0131 226 7061 (open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm).
Your call may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
If you have specific questions about any legal aid forms that you need to complete and financial eligibility for legal aid, you can also call our Financial Assessment Unit.
DX DX555250, Edinburgh 30
Legal Post LP2 Edinburgh 7
Post 44 Drumsheugh Gardens, Edinburgh EH3 7SW
To allow us to continue to improve our web site, we would also appreciate your feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10, Jul, 2014
Police Station Duty Scheme UpdateRead article
19, Jun, 2014
SCRA guidance on Glasgow Hearing Centre during Commonwealth GamesRead article
12, Jun, 2014
SLAB moving to new offices in Autumn 2014Read article
12, Jun, 2014
Face to face legal services and their alternativesRead article
16, Apr, 2014
Review of publicly funded legal assistanceRead article
14, Mar, 2014
Advocate Mark Strachan sentenced to two years imprisonment for fraud and attempted fraudRead article
27, Sep, 2013
Annual Report 2012-2013Read article