Clawback and transfers of agency

If you are aware that there has been a transfer of agency then you should not submit your account either with or without a hardship application. You should contact the new solicitors to advise that you have an account which requires to be paid from any property recovered. We will not consider your application if there has been a transfer and the matter is still ongoing.

If you are the new solicitor acting in a case, you are expected to keep the previous solicitor updated and make payment of their account from any property recovered or preserved.

In this section