Back to top
Guidance on interim time and line fee claims in civil legal aid
View guidance and screenshots from Legal Aid Online on how to submit an interim time and line fee claim in civil legal aid.
Enter the Legal Aid Reference Number (LARN) & Complete account summary screen
- You then have to select the method by which you will be framing your final account from one of the options shown below.
- Don’t worry if you are not sure what method you will use, as you can change this prior to making your final claim.
- NOTE: Selecting the online option allows you to draft your account as it progresses.
Select INTERIM from within the SYNOPSIS tab, select FEES as type of interim claim, confirm case has not concluded and select the interim fee criteria
- Select interim fee criteria.
- Click SAVE to proceed to the work item.
Update INTERIM FEE work item
- The INTERIM FEE CLAIM work item is automatically generated for you.
- Click on the work item to open.
- There is no requirement to submit a copy of your interim time and line account however, you can chose to upload a copy if you wish by using the paper clip icon.
- Complete the mandatory fields and click SAVE & CLOSE.
- Where a subsequent interim fee claim is possible ensure the dates you enter for the subsequent claim do not overlap with the previous interim fee claim.
Select work item and confirm interim fee claim
- Click REQUEST PAYMENT to proceed.
Review claim, complete declaration and click SUBMIT TO SLAB
- Confirm and review the interim fee claim, complete the declaration and click SUBMIT TO SLAB.
- The WORK BREAKDOWN tab will show that the payment request has been submitted.
- You will receive a notification advising the interim claim has been received.
Submit final claim on conclusion
- Select “Final” option and complete the synopsis.
- Within the summary tab you can revert to “paper” or continue and add on-line work items.
- To add work items/provide a breakdown of your paper account proceed to the work breakdown tab.
- Below the work items/paper account breakdown a message will be displayed advising of the value of the interim fee claim that will be deducted automatically form the claim you are making.
- This means your final claim should include all fees, even those paid previously by way of an interim fee claim.
- NOTE: Where you have been paid interim outlays these should not be included in your final claim.
- You need to submit the synopsis for approval prior to being able to submit your paper claim.