Back to top
Legal Assistance Policy Committee
The primary purpose of the Legal Assistance Policy Committee is to provide policy guidance on the operation of legal assistance.
In doing this, the Committee will:
- Provide insight and guidance on policy development informing operational guidance
- Assess that policy development against a framework approved by the Board
- Review newly published guidance against an agreed quality standard
- Report the Board on the level of assurance obtained
- Act as a review body for decisions from the Legal Service Cases Committee.
Chair of the Board; Convener of Section 31 Committee