- Information for the public
- Civil cases
- Criminal cases
- Children's Hearings
- Leaflets for the public
- Find a Solicitor
- Report a suspected fraud
- Information for providers
- Legal Aid Online Hub
- Mailshots and updates
- Forms & Declarations
- Legal Assistance Handbooks
- Solicitor registration
- Quality Assurance Schemes
- Agent video links
- Duty Plans
- Reforms and projects
- Advice sector
- National Fraud Initiative
- About us
- Who we are
- What we do
- Access to information
- Complaints & customer service
- Board suppliers
New Legal Aid Online Terms & Conditions to be released in November
Thursday, Oct 06, 2016
New terms and conditions (Ts & Cs) for Legal Aid Online (LAOL) will be introduced in late November 2016 following a review process.
Once the review process was completed we passed the draft Ts & Cs to the Law Society of Scotland for review and comment prior to implementation.
In order to continue using LAOL, or to allow an administrator to send work on your behalf, the new Ts&Cs must be accepted within 90 days.
We’ll confirm the exact November implementation date shortly and will publish the new Ts & Cs on our website prior to their introduction.
The main purpose of the review was to:
- Update the Legal Aid Online user terms and conditions (the ‘User Terms’) to reflect current practice and regulatory requirements.
- Create a new set of Third Party Legal Aid Online user terms and conditions (the ‘Third Party User Terms’) to reflect the access to Legal Aid Online that is granted to parties such as Law Accountants.
- Address the issues presented by online processes for practitioners delegating authority to administrators and instances where solicitors move firm.
What you need to do
The first time you log into the system after the new terms are introduced in November, you will be presented with the Ts & Cs and asked to read and accept them.
Once you select the field confirming that you have read and accept the terms and conditions you will be able to continue into LAOL.
You can log in at any time within the 90 days and sign up to the new Ts & Cs.
What if you don’t accept the new Ts & Cs within 90 days?
If you have not logged in and accepted the new Ts & Cs within 90 days from their introduction in November your account will be locked until you do so.
The effect of your account being locked will mean that no one will be able to submit anything to SLAB on your behalf.
By logging into the system at any time after the initial 90 days you will be given the Ts & Cs to accept, which you must do to complete the log-in process. Once completed, your account will be unlocked. If you do not currently have a login for Legal Aid Online you should arrange for this through your firm’s administrator.
For further information, please contact:
Catherine Innes, Projects Office manager,
Legal Aid Online
12, Jan, 2018
VACANCY: Criminal Defence Solicitor - DundeeRead article
12, Jan, 2018
Glasgow City Council v SLAB judicial review caseRead article
10, Jan, 2018
Police station duty fees and anticipated call rates.Read article
08, Jan, 2018
Police station arrangements from 25 January 2018Read article
03, Nov, 2017
Annual Report 2016-17 publishedRead article